Location: Boulder Circus Center (4747 26th St, Boulder CO)
Taught by Alicia Grayson & J. Akiyama
- Discover and practice specific techniques for navigating the descent to the floor from any level
- Learn new tools for creating lightness and ease in your ability to fly
- Experience how to dance underneath the flyer so your body loves being the "under-dancer"
- Explore how the momentum of falling creates the opportunity for delicious flying
- Receive individual feedback to support more choice and creativity in your dancing
Cost: $40 if paid before January 31, $50 after January 1.
Mail check to: Alicia Grayson, 155 Cumberland Gap Rd Nederland, CO 80466 or paypal: email@example.com.
Alicia Grayson has been passionately involved with dancing, teaching and performing CI for the past 25 years. She has taught contact improvisation as an adjunct faculty at George Washington University, University of Denver, Naropa University and Shenandoah University. She teaches CI, yoga and pilates classes in Boulder and regularly travels to Europe and around the U.S. to teach. Her long time practices of authentic movement, yoga and meditation are important influences on her dancing and teaching. She is also a core member of the Boulder Contact Lab. As a registered psychotherapist she works with clients in somatic psychotherapy and movement education. She continues to delight in exploring and discovering new depths in contact improvisation and related disciplines and is particularly interested in the intersection of physics and expression and the mind/body relationship.