Thursday, July 25, 2013
Location: The Dairy Center (Boulder Ballet Room) (4747 26th St, Boulder CO)
Taught by Krista DeNio
Crosspoint(s): Dancing Time + Space Workshop
- How we begin a dance; how we exit; and how we use time and space in between.
- There are so many ways to begin, to begin again, to leave and re-convene.
- First establishing the Viewpoints (vocabulary for time and space) as a framework, we will then orient our entrances, exits, and dances in between through multiple lenses: skills based partnering, personal "ways in" to the dance, image or internal frameworks, and compositional choices.
- How might we enliven the ‘life-cycle’ of a dance?
- How can we increase the range and dynamics in our partnering work, while exciting new choices within our own movement worlds?
$15-25 sliding scale (no one turned away for lack of funds). Please contact Krista DeNio to reserve your space.
Facebook RSVP: www.facebook.com/events/489549001122611
Krista DeNio has been practicing Contact Improvisation, and creating/ composing dance and theater work since 1997. She is a choreographer, director, performer, writer, & educator. She is committed to developing new forms of performance work, and evolving interdisciplinary thinking and creation within and between the fields of dance and theater. From original solo theater works, to ensemble dance theater pieces, to community-derived, interview-based theater projects, structured improvisations, and site-specific performance, she is invested in the form that best serves the situation. Of greatest interest is how the work can be accessible in a way that makes it meaningful and most impactful. Her work attempts to address social issues we are grappling with, serving as a forum for opening dialogue, questioning, responding and learning together. Current projects include: Edith & me, a solo performance piece influenced by the life and music of Edith Piaf, along with DeNio's personal narrative & CONTACT, a performance project bringing together mixed ensembles of veterans of war & civilians. Krista [www.kristadenio.com] has worked in the Bay Area, California, NYC, New Mexico, Western Mass, Colorado, and internationally and was the Executive & Artistic Director of Earthdance [www.earthdance.net] for the past 3.5 years